- Red: Coca-Cola or Nintendo – Implies excitement or happiness
- Orange: Nickelodeon or Fanta – Implies a friendly, fun time is ahead
- Yellow: Nikon or McDonalds – Implies optimism and happiness
- Green: Whole Foods or Animal Planet – Implies freshness and nature
- Blue: Walmart or American Express – Implies dependability and reassurance
- Purple: Hallmark or Cadbury – Implies a distinguished brand that has a history of quality
- Brown: Nespresso or UPS – Implies a reliable product that can be used by anyone
- Black: Chanel or Adidas – Implies luxury or elegance
- White: Apple or Nike – Implies sleek, user-friendly products
If you already have a colored logo, it makes sense to have a primary color that matches your existing branding. Nintendo’s branding is very red, and this comes through on their homepage.
This is probably the easiest step, as you’ll likely already have an idea of what color you want your website to be. Just make sure to save the hex code!